About the Program
THE GRIZZLIES YOUTH LACROSSE PROGRAM
Grades K-8 | U7-U15
“Growing Recreational Youth Lacrosse In The Creekview Community”
- Our program was founded specifically to serve the needs of the Creekview HS district.
- Our focus is on the development and growth of lacrosse in our local community.
- We were established in the Fall of 2014 with the full support of the Creekview HS Lacrosse program.
- We work very closely with the Creekview HS lacrosse program, coaches, players, boosters, etc.
- As of the Spring 2019 season, 90+ boys in grades K-8 from Avery, Ball Ground, Free Home and Macedonia Elementary Schools & Creekland Middle School, as well as Home School students are playing across 7 teams.
- Our program puts a tremendous amount of emphasis on fostering a “family” culture – we are constantly hosting events and participating in local community events that involve the whole family and strengthen our community.
- We play full fall and spring seasons August-October and February-May competing against other youth lacrosse programs (e.g., Sequoyah, West Forsyth, Milton, Cambridge, Roswell, Alpharetta, etc.)
- We practice and play home games locally as a member of the Newtown Rec League.
- Our home field is Cherokee Veterans Park in Canton, GA.
- Newtown League offers 8-10 local games per season PLUS end-of-season playoffs…typically double what other leagues offer teams.
- We are dedicated to the educational development and certification of all our youth coaches via US Lacrosse.
- We are dedicated to helping every player in our program reach their full potential on and off the lacrosse field.
- We believe that coaching character is just as, if not more important than teaching skills.
Register today to be a part of the Official Creekview Grizzlies Boys Youth Lacrosse Program! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Ryan Norton via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Creekview Grizzlies Youth Lacrosse
Vision, Mission, & Values
Provide an engaging, enriching, and enjoyable learning environment for youth lacrosse players in our community.
Increase participation in the sport of lacrosse for K-8 boys in the Creekview High School District by cultivating the best coaches, administrators, volunteers and facilities and providing participants a positive, challenging, and character-building experience.
- We foster a culture of trust that emphasizes teaching character as much as teaching skills. Trust is the result of our programs character and competence:
- Our character is defined by our personal care of each participant, transparency, integrity and authenticity.
- Our competence is defined by our knowledge, experience, preparation and performance.
- We promote the continuing education and development of coaches to ensure a rewarding experience for each participant.
- We encourage passion for the game, thus supporting each participant’s ability to reach their full potential.
Board of Directors